Weekly Observations - week ending February 26, 2011
This is our weekly round-up of the tidbits that didn't make it to a post of their own, but are worth noting, along with news items that we've covered that may need a second look.
- CNN International's Zain Verjee takes us on a quick journey behind the scenes of her show during a commercial break. Check out the facebook video here.
- CNN Washington DC-based Correspondent Carol Costello made a post to her CNN Facebook recently about the change from Parker Spitzer to In The Arena or The Arena as she calls it. She's filling in for Kyra Phillips (9-11 AM ET on CNN Domestic) while Phillips is on Maternity Leave.
- KTLA-TV's Adam Carolla received some buzz on various blogs this week after he shared his thoughts on Piers Morgan Tonight. Mediaite has the story and video.
- Larry King hits the road in April for his long-promised stand up comedy tour. Check out more details on "Larry King: Standing Up", as well as tour dates, here.
- CNN Senior Producer Hunter Waters lost his battle with cancer earlier this week. CNN Political Director Sam Feist posted the sad news on CNN.com earlier this week.
- Ben Wedeman became the first Western journalist to report on the current crisis from inside Libya this week.
- Members of CNN's Washington team hit the town to celebrate Jessica Yellin's birthday this week. John King was among the partygoers, and he tells us that it really is Jessica Yellin in the picture he tweeted.
Labels: Weekly Observations