Weekly Observations - week ending February 6, 2010
This is our weekly round-up of the tidbits that didn't make it to a post of their own, but are worth noting, along with news items we may have missed during the week.
If you have any of your own observations from any of the CNN Worldwide networks during the week, send us a message via the tip box bottom right.
- Former CNN.com/Live anchor, Nicole Lapin, made her CNBC debut this week. Lapin co-anchors CNBC's Worldwide Exchange.
- CNN launches new mobile service in Sri Lanka.
- TV Newser is the first to report of HLN's Showbiz Tonight moving to 5pm.
- CNN's January numbers.
- CNN International nominated for "News Channel of the Year" in Britain.
- Stephanie Elam and Christine Romans are pregnant.
- Sasha Herriman, CNN International's London-based anchor and reporter, returned from maternity leave this week.
- Bob Schieffer, host of CBS' Face The Nation, tells Politico.com of Candy Crowley's recent promotion, "This is really a long-deserved recognition. She's really good, and it means we have to work harder."
- And finally - something from the archive: Do you think you're Ralitsa Vassileva?
Weekly Observations Poll
Each week in this space, you'll see our new Weekly Observations Poll, something directly related to CNN in the previous week. Our first poll is related to Candy Crowley and her new position as anchor of CNN's State Of The Union show.
Labels: Weekly Observations