Friday, January 15, 2010

Heidi Collins' Goodbye

As we reported on January 8th, today was Heidi Collins' last day with the network. During her 9-11 AM ET CNN Newsroom show today, CNN Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta and CNN Meterologist Rob Marciano both praised Heidi for her work.

Here is what Heidi had to say on-air about leaving CNN.

"I'm Heidi Collins. And before we leave you today, I'd like to take a really short second to say goodbye to you. I will be leaving CNN after nearly eight years of broadcasting to you from out in the field and from pretty much every anchor chair that exists at the network.

Somehow, though, you at home have been gracious enough to find me where I landed, and you took the time to watch. I appreciate that very much.

Here I go with the cheesy again. Without a doubt it's you, the viewers, that I will miss the most.

We will be back, though, with much, much [more] important things in the world, like what is happening in Haiti. We'll get you to that after a quick break right here in the CNN NEWSROOM."

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone know where Heidi is going next?

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home