Monday, December 22, 2008

Advanced Quotes: Joe Biden on Larry King Live

Courtesy Larry King Live - Vice President-elect Biden on world’s expectations for the new administration
BIDEN: I think we are and you know, you asked me earlier if I am worried about the exceedingly high expectations that people have for President Barack Obama and I said domestically I wasn’t so worried about that but internationally I am. I have been contacted by so many world leaders. Their expectation for Barack’s presidency is overwhelming[ly]. They are so hungry to have an American leader who they think has a policy that reflects our stated values as well as one they can talk to.

---

Vice President-elect Biden on embattled Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich
BIDEN: I know in our system you are innocent until proven guilty but those tapes that were released by the special prosecutor, excuse me, by the U.S. attorney seem incredibly, incredibly incriminating. It’s a decision for the people of Illinois to make the legislature of Illinois to make but from where I sit he looks like a guy who is not capable of governing.

---

Vice President-elect Biden on President George W. Bush
BIDEN: It’s presumptuous to feel sorry for another man. But I feel somewhat – I feel somewhat badly for him. I think the incident in Iraq was – was unfortunate, that guy throwing the shoes. It was just – it was just uncalled for and was – I think that President Bush and, unlike Vice President Cheney, is, upon reflection beginning to acknowledge some of the serious, if not mistakes, misjudgments that he made.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home