Weekly Observations - week ending August 6, 2011
This is our weekly round-up of the tidbits that didn't make it to a post of their own, but are worth noting, along with news items that we've covered that may need a second look.
- Anderson Cooper tweeted that he is heading to East Africa for coverage on the famine currently affecting large parts of the area. Nima Elbagir has already been on the ground reporting the story for almost two weeks for CNN International.
- CNN Chief Ken Jautz says he's standing by Piers Morgan.
- David Bohrman, CNN’s Chief Innovation Officer, leaves network.
- CNN International has announced the date for its next CNN Freedom Project special. Bollywood actor Anil Kapoor will show what modern-day slavery looks like in his home country, India, in a new special slated for September.
- Former CNN anchor Rick Sanchez talks to TV Newser.
- CNN iReport turns 5.
- Don Lemon reminisces about his Philly TV days.
Labels: Weekly Observations