Weekly Observations - week ending March 19, 2011
This is our weekly round-up of the tidbits that didn't make it to a post of their own, but are worth noting, along with news items that we've covered that may need a second look.
- Congratulations to CNN Newsroom anchor Kyra Phillips and former American Morning co-anchor John Roberts on the birth of twins.
- Mediaite has an interview between CNN International Anchor Fionnuala Sweeney and Libya scholar Ronald Bruce St. John they call "most incomprehensible". Check out their video to see why.
- New graphics coming to Reliable Sources soon.
- A new video feature for CNN.com was announced and demonstrated earlier this week at the annual South X South West conference. Read the details here.
- A Mumbai news website talks to Ellana Lee, managing editor of CNN International, Asia Pacific.
- CNN en Español marked their 14th anniversary on air earlier this week. (in Spanish)
- Larry King, who walked away from his nightly CNN show in December last year, is reportedly considering a regular gig with Jon Stewart's 'The Daily Show'.
- "CNN Leads Across EMEA" says Synovate's Inaugural Multi-regional Data Release.
- Baltimore Sun media critic David Zurawik is a big fan of CNN Domestic and CNN International joining together for joint broadcasts of major news events.
- CNN scores a rare primetime ratings win.
Labels: Weekly Observations