Friday, May 04, 2007

Former First Lady Endorses Larry King's Interview Style

Associated Press - Larry King's interviewing style appealed to former first lady Nancy Reagan because she didn't have to break a sweat.

During CNN's weeklong celebration of King's 50 years in broadcasting, Reagan was a call-in guest Wednesday to Katie Couric's turn-the-tables interview of the 73-year-old King. Couric asked what it was about his technique that works.

"You just feel at ease with Larry," she said. "He is a very easy interviewer for me, and I'm sure for everybody."

It may not exactly be what CNN wanted to hear, given that the network has taken criticism through the years for softballs lobbed on King's show.

"I once said to Larry, I think we were having dinner at your house, Larry, how can you go from one subject to another and so - seemingly so effortlessly?" she said. "I mean, I just don't know how you do it.

"And he said, `I'm curious. I'm just curious,"' she said. "And I suppose that is right. He is curious."

(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home